CHERYL ROSS, C.P.T.– Founder
Reactive and Aggressive Dog Specialist
Currently Serving: Maple Valley. All of Washington state through her board and train programs.
Cheryl had a strong love for dogs even as a child. In her teen years she enjoyed training and competing with her first dog in the sport of A.K.C. Agility with the Chuckanut Dog Training Association. That experience is what sparked her career as a professional dog trainer. In 2011, she became a certified dog trainer after graduating the Master Trainer course at National K9 School for Dog Trainers, in Columbus, OH. She was then able to implement and grow these skills by working for a dog training company in Florida for 2 years. She started her own company in the Tampa, FL. area, founding Take the Lead Dog Training in January of 2013. After about 2 years, she and her husband decided to move back to her home state of WA. and she brought Take the Lead Dog Training with her!
Cheryl loves to learn all she can about these amazing animals, and how she can help dogs and owners to truly enjoy each other to the fullest!
She has continued to grow her skills and expand her education throughout the years by:
– Becoming certified in the Master Trainer 6 week course through National K9 School for Dog Trainers
– Becoming a member of the International Association of Canine Professionals, and attending their yearly seminars.
– Walk Into Excellence, 3 day trainer workshop, Kelowna, B.C. and learned from: Ted E. (mangodogs.com), Wayne D. (Dogzies.com), and Sarah F. (sarahfulcher.com)
– Mango Dogs 2 week Shadow program with Ted Efthymiadis (Mangodogs.com)
– R.B.B.M 3 day Workshop with Nelson Hodges, Relationship Based Behavior Modification
– The Crate Escape, Dog Hiking Adventures 2 day Workshop with Vanessa Robert – The Crate Escape
– Canine/Human Relationship Institute, 9 day shadow program with Nelson Hodges.
– Upcoming in Feb. 2018: Canine/Human Relationship Institute, Human Psychology and Canine Medical course.
Cheryl believes that a great trainer is never done learning!