CHERYL ROSS, C.P.T.– Founder
Reactive and Aggressive Dog Specialist
Currently Serving: Maple Valley. All of Washington state through her board and train programs.
Cheryl had a strong love for dogs even as a child. In her teen years she enjoyed training and competing with her first dog in the sport of A.K.C. Agility with the Chuckanut Dog Training Association. That experience is what sparked her career as a professional dog trainer. In 2011, she became a certified dog trainer after graduating the Master Trainer course at National K9 School for Dog Trainers, in Columbus, OH. She was then able to implement and grow these skills by working for a dog training company in Florida for 2 years. She started her own company in the Tampa, FL. area, founding Take the Lead Dog Training in January of 2013. After about 2 years, she and her husband decided to move back to her home state of WA. and she brought Take the Lead Dog Training with her!
Cheryl loves to learn all she can about these amazing animals, and how she can help dogs and owners to truly enjoy each other to the fullest!
She has continued to grow her skills and expand her education throughout the years by:
– Becoming certified in the Master Trainer course through National K9 School for Dog Trainers
– Becoming a member of the International Association of Canine Professionals, and attending their yearly seminars.
– Attended Walk Into Excellence, 3 day trainer workshop, Kelowna, B.C. and learned from: Ted E. (mangodogs.com), Wayne D. (Dogzies.com), and Sarah F. (sarahfulcher.com)
– Mango Dogs Shadow program with Ted Efthymiadis (Mangodogs.com)
– R.B.B.M Workshop with Nelson Hodges, Relationship Based Behavior Modification
– The Crate Escape, Dog Hiking Adventures Workshop with Vanessa Robert – The Crate Escape
– Will be attending the R.B.B.M. 9 day shadow program in 2017 to learn more from Nelson Hodges.
Cheryl believes that a great trainer is never done learning!
NAKIVA CLEVELAND, C.P.T.
Trick Training and Obedience Specialist
Currently Serving: Serving Everett to Bellevue.
Nakiva has always had a love for dogs and it grew stronger when she had her first dog at age 10. Her work with her own personal dogs fostered her interested in becoming a professional dog trainer. In 2009, she graduated with a B.S. in Psychology. Nakiva has also begun working on an M.A. in Counseling Psychology. She has accomplished an intensive apprenticeship with Cheryl Ross, and is excited that she gets to fulfill her passion of working with both dogs and their people. She finds immense reward in helping owners build a stronger, more positive relationship with their dog through training. She is excited to continue to develop her knowledge and learn from new experiences.