CHERYL ROSS, C.P.T.– Founder
Reactive and Aggressive Dog Specialist
Currently Serving: Maple Valley, WA.
Cheryl had a strong love for dogs even as a child. In her teen years she enjoyed training and competing with her first dog in the sport of A.K.C. Agility with the Chuckanut Dog Training Association. That experience is what sparked her career as a professional dog trainer. In 2011, she became a certified dog trainer after graduating the Master Trainer course at National K9 School for Dog Trainers, in Columbus, OH. She was then able to implement and grow these skills by working for a dog training company in Florida for 2 years. She started her own company in the Tampa, FL. area, founding Take the Lead Dog Training in January of 2013. After about 2 years, she and her husband decided to move back to her home state of WA. and she brought Take the Lead Dog Training with her!
Cheryl loves to learn all she can about these amazing animals, and how she can help dogs and owners to truly enjoy each other to the fullest!
She has continued to grow her skills and expand her education throughout the years by:
– Becoming certified in the Master Trainer 6 week course through National K9 School for Dog Trainers
– Becoming a member of the International Association of Canine Professionals, and attending their yearly seminars.
– Walk Into Excellence, 3 day trainer workshop, Kelowna, B.C. and learned from: Ted E. (mangodogs.com), Wayne D. (Dogzies.com), and Sarah F. (sarahfulcher.com)
– Mango Dogs 2 week Shadow program with Ted Efthymiadis (Mangodogs.com)
– Canine/Human Relationship Institute, (Level 1) R.B.B.M 3 day Workshop – Nelson Hodges, Relationship Based Behavior Modification
– The Crate Escape, Dog Hiking Adventures 2 day Workshop with Vanessa Robert – The Crate Escape
– Canine/Human Relationship Institute, (Level 2) 9 Day shadow program with Nelson Hodges.
– Canine/Human Relationship Institute, (Level 3) Human Psychology and Canine Medical.
– Pack To Basics, Dogmanship and Large Group Socialization 3 Day workshop – Chad Mackin
– Dream Come True K9, Real World Obedience 3 Day seminar – Blake Rodriguez
– Upcoming Canine/Human Relationship Institute, (Level 4) in 2019
Cheryl believes that a great trainer is never done learning!
KAYTLYN TATE, C.P.T. – Lead Trainer
Obedience and Behavior Specialist
Currently Serving: Maple Valley, WA.
Kaytlyn has always had a huge passion for training and working with dogs and people alike. She knew from a young age joining 4-H with her Doberman mix that she wanted to follow her passion as far as she could. This led her to go to the Michael Ellis School for Dog Trainers in Santa Rosa California. There she was certified in, Obedience, management, proper use of an e-collar and behavior modification.
Today she has a Belgian Malinois, named Silas, which she competes in agility and lure coursing with as well as a hope to move onto nose work.
Some of Kaytlyn’s favorite things to coach people on are, puppy raising, getting a really reliable recall and how to become a great leader in your home.
ZOE WESTBROOKE – Office Assistant
Zoe had the experience of growing up with rescued track greyhounds. She now has a beautiful German Shepherd/Belgian Malinois mix named Revan. Zoe sought out training help with Take the Lead Dog Training after Revan presented with anxiety and reactivity issues after she was rescued. Through training she was able to become the pack leader Revan needed her to be, and Revan is a happy, healthy and spazzy dog now!
Zoe has experience in customer service and office administrator positions, and she is thrilled to be a part of the Take the Lead Dog Training team!